Original Publish Date: September 21, 2020
With the accelerated launch of the ECConnector platform amidst COVID-19 in March 2020, we prioritized opening community space to early childhood systems partners to collaborate for a more coordinated response and recovery to the ongoing crisis. The 18-month ahead of schedule launch meant that less would be ready for our users when they joined, but it gave us a great opportunity to leverage user experiences to inform ECConnector community improvements.
We are excited to announce our first set of community improvements designed to make your ECConnector experience even better:
- New look and feel: We are excited to bring more life to the ECConnector with community theming that matches our ECConnector personality. You will notice our new branding, including our lively colors, across the community spaces!
- The “Get Started” and “Support Center” experience get an upgrade: These are the first stops for new community members. Users can visit “Get Started” for an interactive checklist to kickstart their ECConnector experience. Our ECConnector Support Center has been redesigned to help users easily navigate to our 1) help articles, 2) help forum, and 3) feedback area.
- Updated ECConnector Registration Experience: Thanks to your feedback, we have worked with our technology partner to add help text to our self-registration page fields and switch to recaptcha user confirmation. This means when you share ECConnector with your networks, it will be easier for those folks to fill out our registration form and have their account approved, so they can be connected with the community even faster!
- Monthly Community Office Hours: Members have the opportunity to join us every third Thursday of the month from 2-3 pm CT to participate in small group coaching on making the most of ECConnector. We look forward to having you join us for an upcoming community office hour!
We are excited for these changes and will continue to learn from you as we move ahead towards our next set of community improvements.
- What is coming up: Later in the fall, we plan to open up our ECHub, which we imagine will be your interactive newsletter to get caught up with what is happening across ECConnector. We will also be beta-testing a new site support experience for community members.
- If you want to stay up-to-date on what is to come, you can subscribe to this blog by clicking "turn blog notifications on" in the "blog options" widget on the right-side of this window. In order to receive notifications, you must ensure your notifications are turned on for "posts are added to blogs I am subscribed to" (in your settings -- > notifications area).